Author:My Unskooled Year
Mobile:(+91) 79041 78825
- A young girl, untouched by the harsh realities of life, Sagarikka Sivakumar decided to take a break from school after completing her 10th standard and went on to see a whole new world outside the four walls of her classroom.
- She dabbled with a range of activities including trekking, documentary filmmaking, interning with a dozen companies, and working with the stock market.
- A diligent blogger, she compiled all her experiences and turned it into a bestselling book titled ‘My Unskooled Year’ when she was 16 years old.
- Soon, the accolades from media followed. It ranged from an interview on NDTV to numerous articles in esteemed publications like Times of India, The Hindu (English and Tamil), Deccan Chronicle, Dinamalar, Aval Vikatan and Brew Magazine to name a few.
- She even translated her book into Tamil as she wanted to reach out to a wider audience. It’s called ‘Pallikoodam Pogamale’ & it became the Bestseller on Amazon India recently.
- With the proceeds from the sales of her book, she is supporting an autistic home named ‘Pravaag’ in Trichy. She has also contributed to the Rotary International Foundation to become one of the youngest Paul Harris Fellow (PHF) in Rotary District 3000.
- People from far and wide have wanted to hear her story and she has given talks at various places like Infosys, Rotary, BIL, MMA, CII, YI in addition to many schools and colleges. She was also the chief guest and speaker at the International RYLA 2017, Malaysia.
- Some of her other projects include a documentary on the horrendous food habits of youngsters (for which, she went on a complete junk food diet for a month). The documentary is going to be released very soon.
- A YouTube channel called ‘Sagarikka Sathya’ through which she wants to voice out her opinions on the social evils bogging the country down.
- She also conducts workshops for the youth on the possibilities of life and offers them career guidance. Her workshops – ‘Explore Beyond School’, ‘Teenpreneur’ & ‘Digital Marketing basics’ are quite popular.
- With the motto of ‘Choose not to run in the race, but create your own space’, she is one of the youngest trainers in the country today.
- Currently, she is pursuing her Under-graduation in Data Science & Analytics from Amity University, New Delhi. She has recently completed 2 internships in AI with US-based companies.
- Sagarika had the opportunity to interact with His Holiness Dalai Lama on 15th Oct 2020 & ask him a question at the Global webinar session on the occasion of the 89th birth anniversary of Dr. APJ Kalam.
- Sagarika is a Toastmaster and loves to speak & interact with youth. She has won several awards in Toastmaster Contests at Club, Area & Division level.
- At present she is the President of Nagapattinam Toastmasters Club & Secretary in Trichy Toastmasters Club.
- She was presented with the Vocational Service Award by the Rotary Annette’s club of Madras North for being an inspiring youngster
- Sagarikka is a Rotaractor & became an Honorary member of the prestigious Rotaract Club of Bangalore Kempegowda recently
- She is also the Vice President-Public Relations in Professional Speakers Association of India
- Sagarikka is a debater & recently came 2nd in the Inter-City Debate Competition called ‘Talking Titans’ among 95 finalists in South India
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com